How we work with schools
Our programs are most successful when all members of a school community become involved and provide support wherever they can.
- Pre-test students for placement
- Provide ongoing support and quality control of student progress
- Professionally develop teen tutors
- Monitor transitions, curriculum implementation, data collection and student and tutor interactions
- Communicate with our students' classroom teachers and Read Alliance on student progress
- Students master one book per day on average.
- Students will average one full grade level improvement in reading within 45 tutoring sessions
- Periodic and final assessment to measure students' mastery of reading skills
- Parents are invited to an information session demonstrating our methodology and strategies parents can practice at home.
- Parents and school staff are invited to join Read Alliance in celebration of student and tutor success.
New York City Department of Education Contracts
· Academic Intervention Services (AIS) 9077695
· Supplemental Education Services (SES) 9075254